It was a normal working day. Many people were rushing to the train station to call the day off after a hard day at work. As per any other day, I was waiting for the next available train to arrive and someone caught my eyes...
This man, possibly in his late twenties or early thirties, was waiting for the train just like everybody else, together with an older gentleman whom could have been his father / carer. There is something special about this man. He doesn't look normal like the majority of us. He can't really talk, he probably doesn't really know where he is and which direction he is going. That explains why the older gentleman was holding really tight onto his arm amongst the crowd. I believe he is someone with Down syndrome.
More than 300 children are born with Down syndrome in Australia each year. As I was observing this man, I wonder what was going through his mind. Was he anxious being in such a big crowd? I wonder does he know he is slightly different from the rest. I wonder what his future holds for him. I wonder what does he do everyday? As all these thoughts went through my mind....God just spoke - "He is special to me". Yes dear Lord, I believe He is special to you..."For You have created his inmost being; You knit him together in his mother's womb" as the Psalmist said. And I believe God loves this man as much as He loves everyone.
I really admire parents who are challenged by such adversity in life. They might not even see this as adversity. Their patience, love, courage & faith in raising kids with special needs is just amazing...Said a little prayer for him as I alighted at my designated station. I don't think I will ever forget that moment which I had on the train.
God is amazing!
Monday, April 06, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment