Friday, January 02, 2009

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to everybody!!

2008 came very quickly and went by too quickly! In this new year, no doubt a lot of us will set new year's resolutions, hubby and I haven't really sat down and work on this yet, so am sure we will be doing it fairly soon before time slowly creeps by.

I want to take this space to really give thanks...As I reflect back on 2008, my heart is filled with gratitude, knowing deep within my heart that God has really taken care of the both of us...

We thank God for the wonderful family that He has given to us, both sides of parents and our siblings. They have been great in supporting us in every step that we take and praying for us.

We thank God for the wonderful friends that He has given to us....They have been there with us throughout the good times and bad times, cheering us up, praying for us, giving to us.

We thank God for giving both hubby & I good health...We have learnt that Life is so fragile, it's a gift to be able to wake up everyday in the morning, being able to breathe, smell, see, taste, touch and hear.

We thank God for His providence. It's been a challenging year with business, new jobs, multiple jobs for the both of us...but there is no instance that we were in lack. In fact God has blessed us so abundantly that we have more than enough to bless & give. Thank you Jesus. We continue to trust in His plans and will in our lives.

We thank God for His protection throughout the year, with our coming in and going out, with hubby's travel. He has certainly cover us with His wings. And it's certainly good to be sheltered under His wings.

As we start this new year, hubby decided to count our weeks....After much discussions & exploration, we have come up with this...





There are 2722 buttons in this vase...Each button represents one week and there are approximately 52 years worth of buttons. As we say goodbye to each week, we will take one button from the vase. In no time, we will see the buttons slowly diminishing as we grow old. It is a reminder for the both of us that our lives on earth is just temporal. With God's help, we shall make the best use of our remaining time on earth accumulating not worldly wealth, but eternal wealth.

Have a blessed new year! May 2009 be a fulfilling year for all of you. May 2009 be filled with God's love, peace and joy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right now I'm pondering whether I should 'BE EVIL' ... the plan would be to buy similar buttons and secretly put them back into the jar whenever I visit your house ... =) ... muahahaahaHahAHAHAHAHAHAHHA ... yes, I'm in a mischievous mood ...

Davinez said...

Muahahahahahahahaha...You are so funny Gerard...Wish you happy hunting for those buttons! :P