This is something a friend of ours wrote a couple of years ago...I still kept it till today as a reminder.
"When I give tithes & offerings, it keeps me humble to know that I don't own anything; I am just a steward of His 'talents'. In being faithful with little, God has blessed me with much. If God decides to take away my 'wealth', it reminds me not to hold on too tightly to earthly possessions. Vice versa, when an opportunity presents itself, I will make decisions to invest wisely so as to increase the wealth I have been entrusted with. I believe God wants His church to be the head and not the tail, the lender and not the borrower. I can use the increased wealth as a tool for helping to enlarge the Kingdom of Heaven on earth.
Finally, God gave tithing for our own good; not only does He multiplied blessings in return, but more importantly, it changes character within."
How profound.....so down to earth but yet the depths of his understanding of God & the Kingdom is truly evident.
He is an example hubby & I look up to always. A well established Optometrist, has a wife & 3 kids. They don't live in a big house, but owns a few properties. They don't drive big cars, just simple Camry & Starlet. Camry belongs to wife & 3 kids....He drives his Starlet to work everyday! An established professional! Can you imagine??
Anyway, it reminded me again about my priorities and attitude in life......
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment