Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Adventure - Starfish

After a crazy 10 days at Starfish, we are home..Hubby & I thank God for this trip as we had been blessed ourselves caring for the children and meeting whatever needs that are there. What are some of the tasks that we were up to during our stay in Starfish?

1) Caring for babies and taking care of children who has just undergone surgery.

2) Fixing of beds including going to Home Depot (Bunnings alike) to buy wood and Textile streets to buy materials.

3) Book-keeping

4) Strategic fund raising

5) Taking pictures of children and printing of photos to fit frame and decorate the place.

6) Fixing things like cupboards

7) Cleaning etc.

Other than doing the above, we managed to do a little sightseeing. Xi An is a historical place filled with olden palaces, and pagoda. We admire all these buildings from a far. Plus, we tasted local food, which is mostly spicy and oily.

Below is a video hubby did for Starfish. Hope you will enjoy it. More pictures to come!

4 comments:

~g~ said...

Great pics, a very touching video ... well done David & Inez!

Wannonly said...

I enjoyed the video. Next time when u guys go back there again can we follow? The kids' eyes were filled with so much hope. The hope for survival n the hope for love. Makes us want to love them more. Miin

Unknown said...

Hi ~g~,

Thanks for the compliment! However, I thought I must clarify that those pics that has purple background and those in white cots are not taken by me. They were taken and used with permission from Amanda's collection as I have to make a photo chart for her so that all volunteers know all the babies' names. :)

Thanks and looking forward to learn more about photography from you.

D

Unknown said...

Hi Miin,

Glad that you enjoyed the video :).
Sure thing...will let you know when we are going back there again. This trip serves as a reminder of how blessed we are and we are to be grateful. It also reminds us of His broken-ness for these children. If it strikes a chord in our heart to see these abandoned children, I am sure it will strike His heart a million times more....

See you all soon.
D