Friday, August 22, 2008

Choices....

I have just completed my 3 months probation in my new job...Through these 3 months, I have seen much and have learnt much...God has been really good to me and always pouring His favour to me..I wouldn't have been able to make it without Him...

I have seen something really different though to what I had seen in my past 8 years in my career....The majority of the people in the organisation is VERY outspoken....Really....they love to talk...about everything under the sky...including what they can do and what they are good at...I must say I was a bit shocked to find such 'honesty' in this place...They are indeed different...I am not the kind who would want to stand out in the crowd...I just want to hide in the background and do the best in my job...

There are so many level of hierarchy within my department..I report directly to my team leader...As I am an embedded analyst to another department, i report to the section head...Plus, at times I report to the Branch Manager too...One thing phenomenal is that some of these bosses I know, they never sleep....They stay at work till late at night, they would go home, and continue working again...They would work during weekends as well...I have received emails sent at midnight re work matters...

Sometimes I ask myself....what choices do you make? To climb up the corporate ladder, is working 24 hours a day compulsory?? Is there really that much work to accomplish? I suppose everyone has a different answer to these questions...

As for me...I really don't have the desire to climb up the corporate ladder...I am there to do my best in whatever task that have been assigned to me...

What about you?

No comments: