I have been following the news on the inquest of the death of Charmaine Dragun recently. She was one of the Ten News reader. If you have no idea who she is, click here, and you will straight away know who she is.
Charmaine looked so vibrant everytime we saw her on the news. She was only 29 years old when she committed suicide at The Gap in Sydney, in 2007. How sad and shocking! All her family and friends didn't understand why she took that step, but depression was one of the main reasons.
The stats in Australia is that one in four women and one in six men suffer from depression. So it's real and it's everywhere. I know how real it is as I have 2 relatives who committed suicide and when we found out, it was way too late. Through this experience I have taken interest to read and learn more about it as it can happen to ourselves, our loved ones, our friends, our children etc etc...It's real and there are many people who are suffering from it, some of them don't even know. So I supposed we can all do our part in helping, by learning a bit more about it, identifying and take appropriate action.
You can find out more information on Beyond Blue.
No comments:
Post a Comment