Sorry.....It's one of the hardest word to say I believe....But yet, it is so important, it's the first step to reconciliation, healing and forgiveness. I have learnt something new about my colleague today and thought I would share it with you.
The Australian Government has said sorry to the Stolen Generations. It's a powerful step our Prime Minister has taken and I believe all Australians should be proud of this day. If you have captured the news, you would have seen tears of joy amidst tears of remembering past hurts flowing from all walks of lives, especially the indigenous people here in Oz land.
My colleague is a Scottish. She shared with me that she was so moved that the government has done this. She is a 'stolen' child herself and she could truly empathise with the Aboriginal People. I was so shocked to hear it actually happened to her. When she was only 2 years old, along with 5 other siblings, they were taken away from her mum, who was a widow then. The government at that time didn't think her mum could handle 6 kids, so they decided to take them away from her. She was abused in the so called 'Children's Home' and never meet her mum & siblings after that. Until today, she is still looking for her family....
How sad.....and how deep the hurt would have been. I felt for her as she shared with me.....
I count myself very blessed to be raised in a normal family, normal environment, being so loved since young. Today, remember to count your blessings & thank God for all that He has given you, whether it is big or small.
Friday, February 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment